GÉANT Future Talent Programme
The Future Talent Programme is a GÉANT community initiative which aims to attract and support young talents. Designed and executed by GÉANT Learning and Development (L&D), it provides coaching and learning with engaging activities and programmes.
Within the Future Talent Programme, GÉANT L&D offers two initiatives. Both are targeting TNC18, an international conference for global networking professionals, which will be held from 10 to 14 June 2018 in Trondheim, Norway.
- Both initiatives address students. Austrian nominees need to be registered at a university or college which is ACOnet participant.
- You are invited to submit a topic for a short speech ("Lightning Talk") or poster presentation at TNC18. Students accepted by the TNC Programme Committee receive free admission to the conference including free travel and accommodation.
- The subject matter of your presentation or poster could be any idea, project, research or innovation you have been working on that addresses a technical, economic, legal, security or environmental aspect in any IT and Networks area.
- Requirements: High English language proficiency, registration in due time (see below), participation in the preparation programme and - in case that you are accepted - the presentation of your topic at TNC18.
- To register, please send the following data (in English) by 31 January 2018, 12:00 CET at the latest to email@example.com:
- selected initiative (Lightning Talk Challenge OR Poster Pursuit - ONE ONLY)
- student name
- student email address
- university or college
- course and level
- topic or title of the presentation/poster (single-line)
- short description of the topic (about 100 words); if available hyperlink to references (e.g. project website)
- ACOnet may nominate a maximum of 3 students for each initiative. Please note that we probably can't send out rejection letters.
- Nominees will be contacted by GÉANT. They are expected to attend 3 webinars (between February and April 2018) and to submit their final proposal by 16 April 2018.
- The TNC Programme Committee will then select some students to speak at TNC18. Those will receive a notification of acceptance and further support by GÉANT (travel booking, coaching until their presentation).