Partnership for Advanced Computing in Europe
A consortium of Austrian universities, represented by the ACONET association, joined the "Partnership for Advanced Computing in Europe" (PRACE) in July 2018 (http://www.prace-ri.eu/austria-joined-as-member-prace/).
This opens up new opportunities in the field of supercomputing for researchers and students in Austria:
- Apply for PRACE HPC Access (http://www.prace-ri.eu/call-announcements/)
- Preparatory Access allows to optimize own codes for the target system (continuously open call). Support by experts is available (evaluated and granted on a quarterly schedule). (http://www.prace-ri.eu/prace-preparatory-access/)
- Project Access is for production runs using codes that have been previously tested and that demonstrate high scalability and optimization to multi-core architectures or that demonstrate a requirement for ensemble simulations that need a very large amount of CPU/GPU overall. (http://www.prace-ri.eu/prace-project-access/)
- Provisional planning for the 19th Call is 5 March 2019 until 30 April 2019. (http://www.prace-ri.eu/prace-project-access/)
- In addition PRACE 19th Call for Proposals Pilots Improved Industry Access Track. (http://www.prace-ri.eu/improved-industry-access-pr/)
- Participate in PRACE Training (http://www.prace-ri.eu/training/)
- Participate in PRACE Events (http://www.prace-ri.eu/events/)
- PRACE for Students (http://www.prace-ri.eu/outreach-to-universities/)
- Online Course "Supercomputing", starting 24 September 2018 (https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/supercomputing)
- Online Course "Defensive Programming and Debugging", starting 5 November 2018 (https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/defensive-programming-and-debugging)
- Online Course "Managing Big Data with R and Hadoop", starting 7.1.2019 (https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/big-data-r-hadoop)
- PRACE for Industry (http://www.prace-ri.eu/industry/)
- Subscribe to PRACE Newsletters (http://www.prace-ri.eu/subscribe-to-prace-gdpr-compliance/)
- PRACE in a few words (http://www.prace-ri.eu/prace-in-a-few-words/)
- PRACE Fact Sheets (http://www.prace-ri.eu/media/factsheets/)
PRACE in Austria:
- The Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research has designated the ACONET Association as an institutional Austrian representation in the PRACE Council.
- PRACE Council Delegate for Austria is Univ.-Prof. Mag. Dr. Christoph Dellago (University of Vienna).
- PRACE Council Adviser for Austria is Univ. Prof. Dr. Alexander Ostermann (University of Innsbruck).
- Archive (until 2016): previous Austrian membership via RISC/JKU (https://www3.risc.jku.at/projects/prace/)