Partnership for Advanced Computing in Europe
- The Austrian High-Performance Computing Meeting (AHPC2020) will be held from 19 to 21 February 2020 at the IST in Klosterneuburg.
- MOOC "Defensive Programming and Debugging": 3 February - 8 March 2020
- MOOC "Managing Big Data with R and Hadoop": 24 February - 29 March 2020
- The PRACE Winter School 2020 on the subject of "GPU programming with CUDA" addresses researchers from all scientific fields and will be held at the University of Innsbruck from 9 to 12 March, 2020. Registration is open until 23 February, 2020.
- Late-stage undergraduate and Master's students are invited to apply for the PRACE Summer of HPC 2020 programme, to be held in July and August 2020 at various locations around Europe.
Application deadline: 26 February 2020
- The EuroHPC Summit Week 2020 (with PRACEdays20) will take place from 23 to 27 March 2020 in Porto, Portugal.
A consortium of Austrian universities, represented by the ACONET Association, joined the "Partnership for Advanced Computing in Europe" (PRACE) in July 2018 (see Press Release).
This opens up new opportunities in the field of supercomputing for researchers and students in Austria:
- Apply for PRACE HPC Access
- Preparatory Access allows to optimize own codes for the target system (continuously open call). Support by experts is available (evaluated and granted on a quarterly schedule).
- Project Access is for production runs using codes that have been previously tested and that demonstrate high scalability and optimization to multi-core architectures or that demonstrate a requirement for ensemble simulations that need a very large amount of CPU/GPU overall.
- Participate in PRACE Training
- Participate in PRACE Events
- PRACE for Students
- PRACE for Industry
- Subscribe to PRACE Newsletters
- Subscribe to "PRACE in Austria" mailing list
- PRACE in a few words
- PRACE Fact Sheets
- PRACE Annual Report 2018
- PRACE - The Scientific Case for Computing in Europe 2018-2026
PRACE in Austria
- The Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research has designated the ACONET Association as an institutional Austrian representation in the PRACE Council.
- PRACE Council Delegate for Austria is Univ.-Prof. Mag. Dr. Christoph Dellago (University of Vienna).
- PRACE Council Adviser for Austria is Univ.-Prof. Dr. Alexander Ostermann (University of Innsbruck).
- Archive: previous Austrian membership via RISC / JKU (until 2016)