Partnership for Advanced Computing in Europe
- 21st Call for Proposals for Project Access: 3 March 2020 - 28 April 2020, 10:00 CEST
- MOOC "Managing Big Data with R and Hadoop": 24 February - 29 March 2020
- MOOC "MPI: A Short Introduction to One-sided Communication": 20 April - 03 May 2020
- MOOC "Python in High Performance Computing": 27 April - 24 May 2020
A consortium of Austrian universities, represented by the ACONET Association, joined the "Partnership for Advanced Computing in Europe" (PRACE) in July 2018 (see Press Release).
This opens up new opportunities in the field of supercomputing for researchers and students in Austria:
- Apply for PRACE HPC Access
- Preparatory Access allows to optimize own codes for the target system (continuously open call). Support by experts is available (evaluated and granted on a quarterly schedule).
- Project Access is for production runs using codes that have been previously tested and that demonstrate high scalability and optimization to multi-core architectures or that demonstrate a requirement for ensemble simulations that need a very large amount of CPU/GPU overall.
- Participate in PRACE Events
- Participate in PRACE Training
- PRACE MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) via FutureLearn
- PRACE for Industry
- Subscribe to PRACE Newsletters
- Subscribe to "PRACE in Austria" mailing list
- PRACE FAQs
- PRACE Fact Sheets
- PRACE Annual Reports
- PRACE - The Scientific Case for Computing in Europe 2018-2026
PRACE in Austria
- The Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research has designated the ACONET Association as an institutional Austrian representation in the PRACE Council.
- PRACE Council Delegate for Austria is Univ.-Prof. Mag. Dr. Christoph Dellago (University of Vienna).
- PRACE Council Adviser for Austria is Univ.-Prof. Dr. Alexander Ostermann (University of Innsbruck).
- Archive: previous Austrian membership via RISC / JKU (until 2016)