Partnership for Advanced Computing in Europe
- 23rd Call for Proposals for Project Access - open until 27 April 2021, 10:00 CEST
- SHAPE 13th Call for Applications - open until 1 June 2021, 17:00 CEST
SHAPE (SME HPC Adoption Programme in Europe) invites applications from European SMEs with an interesting idea that would benefit from HPC for increasing their competitiveness.
- PRACE MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) via FutureLearn: available now
Supercomputing support for COVID-19 research
PRACE (Partnership for Advanced Computing in Europe) and VSC (Vienna Scientific Cluster) currently offer a fast track review process for project applications related to COVID-19:
This opens up new opportunities in the field of supercomputing for researchers and students in Austria:
- Apply for PRACE HPC Access
- Preparatory Access allows to optimize own codes for the target system (continuously open call). Support by experts is available (evaluated and granted on a quarterly schedule).
- Project Access is for production runs using codes that have been previously tested and that demonstrate high scalability and optimization to multi-core architectures or that demonstrate a requirement for ensemble simulations that need a very large amount of CPU/GPU overall.
- Participate in PRACE Events
- Participate in PRACE Training
- PRACE MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) via FutureLearn
- PRACE for Industry
- Subscribe to PRACE Newsletters
- Subscribe to "PRACE in Austria" mailing list
- PRACE FAQs
- PRACE Fact Sheets
- PRACE Annual Reports
- PRACE - The Scientific Case for Computing in Europe 2018-2026
PRACE in Austria
- The Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research has designated the ACONET Association as an institutional Austrian representation in the PRACE Council.
- PRACE Council Delegate for Austria is Univ.-Prof. Mag. Dr. Christoph Dellago (University of Vienna).
- PRACE Council Adviser for Austria is Univ.-Prof. Dr. Alexander Ostermann (University of Innsbruck).
- Archive: previous Austrian membership via RISC / JKU (until 2016)