Partnership for Advanced Computing in Europe
- 22nd Call for Proposals for Project Access: 1 September 2020 - 27 October 2020, 10:00 CET
- Online Course "Supercomputing": available now
Supercomputing support for COVID-19 research
PRACE (Partnership for Advanced Computing in Europe) and VSC (Vienna Scientific Cluster) currently offer a fast track review process for project applications related to COVID-19:
A consortium of Austrian universities, represented by the ACONET Association, joined the "Partnership for Advanced Computing in Europe" (PRACE) in July 2018 (see Press Release).
This opens up new opportunities in the field of supercomputing for researchers and students in Austria:
- Apply for PRACE HPC Access
- Preparatory Access allows to optimize own codes for the target system (continuously open call). Support by experts is available (evaluated and granted on a quarterly schedule).
- Project Access is for production runs using codes that have been previously tested and that demonstrate high scalability and optimization to multi-core architectures or that demonstrate a requirement for ensemble simulations that need a very large amount of CPU/GPU overall.
- Participate in PRACE Events
- Participate in PRACE Training
- PRACE MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) via FutureLearn
- PRACE for Industry
- Subscribe to PRACE Newsletters
- Subscribe to "PRACE in Austria" mailing list
- PRACE FAQs
- PRACE Fact Sheets
- PRACE Annual Reports
- PRACE - The Scientific Case for Computing in Europe 2018-2026
PRACE in Austria
- The Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research has designated the ACONET Association as an institutional Austrian representation in the PRACE Council.
- PRACE Council Delegate for Austria is Univ.-Prof. Mag. Dr. Christoph Dellago (University of Vienna).
- PRACE Council Adviser for Austria is Univ.-Prof. Dr. Alexander Ostermann (University of Innsbruck).
- Archive: previous Austrian membership via RISC / JKU (until 2016)