Partnership for Advanced Computing in Europe
- 20th Call for Proposals for Project Access - open from 20 September 2019 until 29 October 2019, 10:00 CET
The 20th Call for Proposals pilots an improved Industry Access Track and reserves a part of the resources available for this call for Centres of Excellence (CoE).
- SHAPE Tenth Call for Applications - open from 1 October 2019 until 1 December 2019
SHAPE (SME HPC Adoption Programme in Europe) invites applications from European SMEs with an interesting idea that would benefit from HPC for increasing their competitiveness.
- Online Course "Supercomputing" - running from 14 October 2019 until 17 November 2019
- PRACE Ada Lovelace Award 2020 - Call for Nominations - open until 24 October 2019, 15:00 CEST
Eligible for this award are young female scientists who are working in Europe. Selection criteria: impact in Computational Science or HPC at a global level (high), role model for women beginning careers in HPC (medium).
- The EuroHPC Summit Week 2020 (with PRACEdays20) will take place from 23 to 27 March 2020 in Porto, Portugal.
A consortium of Austrian universities, represented by the ACONET Association, joined the "Partnership for Advanced Computing in Europe" (PRACE) in July 2018 (see Press Release).
This opens up new opportunities in the field of supercomputing for researchers and students in Austria:
- Apply for PRACE HPC Access
- Preparatory Access allows to optimize own codes for the target system (continuously open call). Support by experts is available (evaluated and granted on a quarterly schedule).
- Project Access is for production runs using codes that have been previously tested and that demonstrate high scalability and optimization to multi-core architectures or that demonstrate a requirement for ensemble simulations that need a very large amount of CPU/GPU overall.
- Participate in PRACE Training
- Participate in PRACE Events
- PRACE for Students
- PRACE for Industry
- Subscribe to PRACE Newsletters
- Subscribe to "PRACE in Austria" mailing list
- PRACE in a few words
- PRACE Fact Sheets
- PRACE Annual Report 2018
- PRACE - The Scientific Case for Computing in Europe 2018-2026
PRACE in Austria
- The Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research has designated the ACONET Association as an institutional Austrian representation in the PRACE Council.
- PRACE Council Delegate for Austria is Univ.-Prof. Mag. Dr. Christoph Dellago (University of Vienna).
- PRACE Council Adviser for Austria is Univ.-Prof. Dr. Alexander Ostermann (University of Innsbruck).
- Archive: previous Austrian membership via RISC / JKU (until 2016)