Partnership for Advanced Computing in Europe
- Call for Proposals for HPC Compute Resources from DECI-16 (Tier-1) - open until 31 January 2020, 17:00 UTC
- The International HPC Summer School 2020 will be held from 12 to 17 July 2020 in Toronto, Canada. Graduate students and postdocs are invited to apply until 27 January 2020.
- Late-stage undergraduate and Master's students are invited to apply for the PRACE Summer of HPC 2020 programme, to be held in July and August 2020 at various locations around Europe.
Application deadline: 26 February 2020
- The Austrian High-Performance Computing Meeting (AHPC2020) will be held from 19 to 21 February 2020 at the IST in Klosterneuburg.
- The EuroHPC Summit Week 2020 (with PRACEdays20) will take place from 23 to 27 March 2020 in Porto, Portugal.
A consortium of Austrian universities, represented by the ACONET Association, joined the "Partnership for Advanced Computing in Europe" (PRACE) in July 2018 (see Press Release).
This opens up new opportunities in the field of supercomputing for researchers and students in Austria:
- Apply for PRACE HPC Access
- Preparatory Access allows to optimize own codes for the target system (continuously open call). Support by experts is available (evaluated and granted on a quarterly schedule).
- Project Access is for production runs using codes that have been previously tested and that demonstrate high scalability and optimization to multi-core architectures or that demonstrate a requirement for ensemble simulations that need a very large amount of CPU/GPU overall.
- Participate in PRACE Training
- Participate in PRACE Events
- PRACE for Students
- PRACE for Industry
- Subscribe to PRACE Newsletters
- Subscribe to "PRACE in Austria" mailing list
- PRACE in a few words
- PRACE Fact Sheets
- PRACE Annual Report 2018
- PRACE - The Scientific Case for Computing in Europe 2018-2026
PRACE in Austria
- The Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research has designated the ACONET Association as an institutional Austrian representation in the PRACE Council.
- PRACE Council Delegate for Austria is Univ.-Prof. Mag. Dr. Christoph Dellago (University of Vienna).
- PRACE Council Adviser for Austria is Univ.-Prof. Dr. Alexander Ostermann (University of Innsbruck).
- Archive: previous Austrian membership via RISC / JKU (until 2016)