In this area some publications about ACOnet are available.
uni:it, the IT Newsletter of the Vienna University Computer Center and a follow-up to the journal "comment", was published from 2010 to 2018.
The following uni:it articles refer to ACOnet (in German):
- 2/2017: Hinter den Kulissen Teil 2: ACOnet - Austrian Academic Computer Network
- 2/2017: ACOnet Upgrade der "Datenautobahn" auf der Zielgeraden
- 1/2017: ACOnet: Die "Datenautobahn" für die Wissenschaft wird ausgebaut
- 1/2017: The Art of Creative Networking: GÉANT-Konferenz TNC17 in Linz
- 1/2015: 25 Jahre Internet in Österreich: ACOnet feiert Jubiläum
- 2/2013: Große Dateien mit ACOnet FileSender übermitteln
- 1/2013: u:book-Jubiläum: Fast 5.000 Geräte im 10. Verkaufsfenster
AQUnet - Austrian Quantum Fiber Network
On 16 February 2021, TU Wien published a press release entitled "The Austrian Quantum Internet" (in German), which was picked up by numerous media - also internationally.
Article about AQUnet, published in the blog "In the Field" of Australia's Academic and Research Network AARNet:
Secure Network of Public Authorities
The Government Internet eXchange (GovIX) is a common, complementary and distributed peering infrastructure for the government sector. It offers the possibility of bundling IT communication in public administration and forms the basis for future developments in this sector.
Article about the GovIX as a secure network of public authorities ("Sicheres Behörden-Netz"), published in the magazine "Öffentliche Sicherheit" of the Austrian Federal Ministry of the Interior, issue 11/12 2020:
- Sichere Kommunikation 20201111.pdf(in German)(361 kB)
Universities and Telekom Austria: High-tech infrastructure for Austrian science network implemented
Press Release, March 24, 2009
The Austrian science network ACOnet has made a powerful extension to the effectiveness of its data links: the new, innovative ACOnet infrastructure, set up by Telekom Austria under contract to the University of Vienna over the last two years, successfully entered service at the beginning of 2009.
Full article (in German)
Universities and Telekom Austria are upgrading the research network
Press Release, July 25, 2007
The need for an efficient information and telecommunications infrastructure for research and education continuously increases. In Austria, data transfer to the world’s scientific community is provided by the Austrian Academic Computer Network (ACOnet).
Full article (in German)
- Article in Futurezone(in German)(69 kB)