Changes due to GDPR
Due to the GDPR aco.net has undertaken changes in the Whois policy as well as the registration and management of .ac.at-domains.
- personal data (object typ "Person") will no longer be displayed
- non-personal data (object typ "Organisation" or "Role") will be displayed as before
- the owner of an ac.at Domain is always of type "Organisation"
- admin-c und tech-c can be of type "Person" or "Role"
- to change a contact of type "Person" you have to delete the nic-handle and create a new one
- since contacts of type "Person" will no be desplayed, it is the requester/owners responsibility to store the nic-handle
The ac.at domain is administrated as a service of the University of Vienna by the austrian NREN ACOnet. Therefore domains under .ac.at must be applied at this institution. An ACOnet participation is not required for the domain application.
If needed, the University of Vienna provides a Secondary Domain Name Service for domains under .ac.at at ns5.univie.ac.at. Documents concerning requirements and the costs are available in german language underneath.
Allocation of domains
- ac.at: Please use our webform for domain applications, updates and cancellations.
- sth.ac.at: Domains under .sth.ac.at are exclusively assigned to dormitories with an ACOnet-participating responsible organization. For application or updates of a sth.ac.at domain please contact email@example.com.
- gv.at: Allocation of .gv domains is only available at the Federal Chancellery. More information about e-government topics is online at Digital Austria. For applications of gv.at domains please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- at: For domains under .at, .co.at and .or.at we refer to the Austrian registry nic.at.
In case of further questions concerning domains please contact:
T: +43 1 4277 14277